Waking up on a Monday is always the hardest to start a new week but as the week goes by, I feel it gets easier. To cheer us up, I am sharing this light, easy and so refreshing dessert with you.
And it’s vegan – except if you eat it with the biscuits like we did. I had two egg whites and I didn’t want them to go waste so made some cats tongue biscuits with whole-wheat flour. Super crunchy, they go perfectly with the pudding to contrast and bring some texture.
- 450 g of mango flesh – can be fresh or frozen
- 225 g of coconut milk
- 45 g of pure cane sugar
- 3 g of agar agar powder
- Some raspberries or mango flesh cubes, mint leaves, coconut flakes, biscuits to garnish before serving
- Add the mango flesh and half of the coconut milk into the blender, mix well and let it set aside
- In a saucepan, add the remaining of the coconut milk, the sugar, and the agar agar powder, constantly whisk under medium to low heat for about 3 to 4 minutes, until the agar agar completely dissolve.
- Pass the mango puree through a fine sieve to remove the stringy residues
- Add the syrup into the bowl and combine well
- Transfer the mixture into individual jars with a lid and let them sit in the fridge for minimum 2 hours or overnight
- Serve them fresh with the garnish of your liking
|Click here for the printable recipe|
1. I use the glass jars from Flor de Alfalfa yogurts from Costco that are just perfect for this kind of treat. I made 5 jars with that quantity.
2. 10% of sugar is my rule of thumb to keep it healthy without compromising on the greedy pleasure but you can totally add a bit more
3. Sometimes, if I have organic lime, I add some zest in the mixture before pouring it into the jars
4. You can keep them in the fridge for 4 days
Have a great week ahead!
Je vous souhaite une excellente semaine