Happy Lunar New Year everyone!
May the year of Earth Pig bring you health and prosperity!
|Retrieved from Google Images – Awareness Days website|
As my children are growing, I can go a little crazy and prepare a large traditional meal like my mother used to. It mostly includes food that is said to bring good luck. Well, I am going to be honest here. I have always been more excited for the feast than for the eventual lucky it brings. Oh and incidentally the red envelopes J.
|Cliquer ici pour avoir la recette en français|
Among all the dishes I made, I wanted to share my almond cookies recipe (print the recipe here). They are crispy, airy and above all, they lean towards the healthier side without compromising on the taste. Perfect for Asian people who usually don’t like treats that are too sweet. What more can you ask for?
So here comes the recipe:
- 115 g of softened butter
- 60 g of whole-wheat flour
- 80 g of almond powder
- 100 g of all-purpose flour
- 80 g of cane sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- 2 tsp of almond or orange blossom extract
- 20 to 25 of whole raw almonds
1. Store them in a metal biscuit box to keep them fresh for at least a week but they certainly won’t last that long – my husband gulped three in a row just when I asked him to transfer them onto the wire rack
2. I have to confess that I actually like it better with the orange blossom extract in lieu of the almond extract
Hope you’ll have them for a nice afternoon treat with a cup of green tea!