I don’t know if you are like me but I often plan my meal based on what my body asks. For instance, we had a lot of vegetarian dishes this week. One of them was my sweet potato red lentils soup. My kids were literally licking their plates. I planned it for two dinners but had to improvise something else for the day after. I hope you will give it a try, it’s super easy to make, delicious and just perfect for something light but filling for the evening. Besides, this soup is loaded with vitamin A!
|Click on the photo to print the recipe|
- 200 g of red lentils
- 2 carrots
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 1 tbsp of coconut oil
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 small onion or ½ of a big one
- 1 tsp of freshly grated ginger
- 1 tsp of turmeric powder
- Sal and black pepper to taste
- Enough water to cover all the ingredients
- 250 ml of coconut milk
- Fresh coriander and pumpkin seeds to sprinkle on before serving
- Have all the ingredients ready then peel and chop the carrots and sweet potatoes in big chunks, mince the onion and the garlic, grate the ginger, wash the red lentils.
- In a large saucepan, melt the coconut oil and add in the onion, the garlic, the ginger, the turmeric, and some black pepper. Stir until fragrant.
- Then transfer the red lentils, the carrots, and the sweet potatoes. Submerge them into water and cover.
- Bring it to a boil and then lower the heat to the minimum until the carrots become soft. Turn off the heat and let it cool before you blend it with a hand mixer.
- Then add the coconut milk, combine well. You can now season with the salt to your liking.
- Drizzle some pumpkin seeds and fresh coriander
If you give it a try, don’t forget to let me know in the comment.
J’espère que ma recette va vous plaire. La combination de ces légumes me fait penser à la soupe de potiron et chataîgnes; deux choses qu’il est difficile de trouver ici. N’hésitez pas à partager ma recette et me suivre sur Instagram.